Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 95 - 97 - Nuweiba

I got back this morning at 7am from Nuweiba in the eastern part of the Sinai Peninsula.

I left Thursday on the night bus. It took around 9 hours to get there. I attempted to sleep the whole way but delta buses are not the most comfortable places to be. A short person sat beside me so I had more room than I would have had if a tall person sat beside me.

I arrived and Naa anorkor met me at the gate, along with 4 other friends who were on the same bus. I got to our hut, which was like 6 meters from the water. I had a wonderful nap on the mattress in our hut till noon. We got up and walked 3 camps over to Little Rock where Naa anorkor and her friend ate and hung out the whole week they were there. It is run by a very nice Sudanese man. The food was delicious. Best shower ever!

Susan and I decided to swim across the bay. All was fine and dandy until we had to swim into shore and there was reef half of the way so we ended up swimming closer to the middle of the bay just to get out of the water. It was fun even though I was having panic attacks about what was going to touch me or what I was going to touch in the water.

We made friends with some Egyptian guys...they are architects and told me a foreigner woman painting in Cairo could make big bucks...We had a nice fish meal with them and they actually ended up giving us a ride home. So it was a 6 hour trip not 9. Awesomeness.

Possibly more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment