Well I woke up at 6:30 today and the sun was shining bright. I saw a guy walking down the street and he was wearing shorts, had a backpack on and had a mineral water in hand. All of these things scream foreigner. I thought it was funny, but for all I know he has been in Cairo longer than I have.
Sun rise sure is early here. I was curious so I looked it up and found that sun rise is around 6 am. Then I looked up when sun rise is at home and found that it is at 5:30 am, a whole hour earlier. Also the sun starts setting here 2 hours earlier than at home. Interesting eh?
Class was good today. The kids had English, Arabic and Sports. I learned a, l, and m with the kids today... alif, lam and mim. Pretty good eh? Haha.
I talked with Kathy today, the Director of St. Andrew's and my supervisor for my practicum. We discussed what my role is at the center and what I hope to gain from my experience here. I am also going to help Kathy with her organization, and do a whole bunch of filing for her. I may also join in on some classes the teachers are attending at the American University here...should be interesting. I will also be meeting with her every other week just to talk. That will be good. I am really looking forward to getting to know people at the center better and hear their stories.
Oh yes, the closest you can get to American coffee is if you go to a coffee shop, which I have not yet been to. Instant coffee just does not cut it. Lots of cream and sugar is the only way to make it taste half decent, but caffeine is caffeine right?
I will probably go to bed early again. What a change from going to bed no earlier than 12 to being in bed before 10:30. It is probably just the jet lag....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Caffeine is caffeine, but instant coffee is disgusting no matter what...
ReplyDeleteDrink Pepsi like me! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Cher, and disagree with anonymous. Instant coffee is revolting, and soda rots your teeth and stomach. I hope you're able to find some less revolting form of caffeine.
ReplyDeleteDo they make ice capps? From Angie
ReplyDelete