It was not as hot as it has been today. Only 35 degrees this afternoon I think, which was lovely compared to 42 degrees.
While running to catch the metro this morning, I smoked a girl with my bag. Opps. It only had a water bottle in it so I am sure it did not hurt her but still not very nice of me. I made it through the doors just as they were closing so it was worth it. Haha.
I taught in class today all by myself for about 40 minutes. It was a little disorderly and disorganized but I think I did an alright job. The kids kind of listened to me. It was more overwhelming to be in charge than just helping out Faten. She has great patience to work with these kids. I am sure speaking Arabic helps in getting their attention though. They only understand so much English I can not make them fully understand what I am saying.
Apparently the dance class I was talking about is a practice for a performance, or that is what I am thinking because Faten said we need a new song because Barbie Girl has been used before. I am bringing my computer to the center tomorrow to show her some songs but I only found 4 out of my music selection that would be appropriate for the kids and that would be good to dance to. We will see what she thinks of them tomorrow.
Going through my itunes library I realized I did not do a very good job of picking out great music to move from my external hard drive to my computer for my time here. It is a sad representation of my music...I will survive though. I have the internet if I am desperate to listen to something I do not have.
I saw and killed my first big spider today (big being the size of my pinky nail, but that is big enough). For those of you who do not know, I have a little case of archniphobia so I do not cope well with spiders gracing me with their presence. It took a little while to kill it. I finally got the nerve to move close and kill it but then I thought what if it is a jumping spider! So that put me back to square one. I sucked it up and whacked it with my shoe, leaving a nice shoe print on my wall. I had to take a breather after this just to calm myself down...I wish someone could have seen me while this was taking place. I am sure I looked and sounded ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Poor little spider! And I thought you were a compassionate individual? Let me know what song they choose- too funny- I am thinking about a Spice Girls tune- If you wanna be with me now, you gotta get with my friends could be a good backup song- do the words really matter since no one understands them anyway?
ReplyDeleteI can just imagine you trying to kill that spider, and it makes me laugh out loud.
ReplyDeleteI have no compassion what so ever when it comes to insects, especially spiders...Ekk!
ReplyDeleteThey chose Doctor Jones by Aqua. I do not know why they like Aqua so much. It is really funny.
The words do matter because the teachers and the older kids can understand them.