Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 24 - A cold, seriously?

So I think I may be getting a cold. How does one get a cold when it is 35 degrees outside is my question. So strange. Hopefully it goes away...

I really do not have anything to say about today. It was just a normal day in Cairo. Nothing exciting today, which was kind of nice after the full weekend I had. I did watch a truck drive past billowing smoke. I couldn't see a thing. Obviously it needed some work done on it. You could hear it for miles and the smoke was so thick! I am surprised it was still running.

The kids are learning a new dance to the new song. It was not as entertaining as last dance class but still funny. It is starting to stay hot at night and not cool down. Summer is going to be fun :)

Thank you to all who have put up pictures of Lisa and Tyson's wedding. I was very excited to see pictures. It looks like it was a gorgeous and very happy day.

Here is a very interesting and frustrating article that was in the New York Times today. It sure gives a person a whole lot of issues to think about. The latest on the swine flu issue here in Cairo and how it is affecting the Christian community.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/25/world/middleeast/25oink.html?ref=africa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryn. If your air conditioner is set a lot colder than the temperature outside it can sometimes lead to a cold--might be an old wives tale but I think it is true. Make sure your interior is not too much colder than outside. This is especially true if you are going in and out a lot. One farmer died from having his tractor too cold and his body could not adjust to the constant change in temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used my A/C yet, and it apparently isn't working anyways. No worries there. I think it is possibly from the kids...who knows.

    ReplyDelete