The kids were so hyper today and I did not have the energy for it. Faten was a bit late so I had to try and control the kids until she showed up. It was only around 10 minutes but imagine being in a small room with 21 kids, with minimal English, screaming, running around on the desks and a non-Arabic speaking person trying to control them...it does not work too well. I had one of the other teachers come and try to get them to sit and be quiet but him coming into the room only made things worse because the kids thought he was there for art class. Faten saved the day by coming in. The kids almost immediately calmed down a bit, thank goodness. I taught the Science lessson today which was a bit of a failure. I am not sure the kids really learned much of what I was trying to teach them. I gave it my best try :)
Tomorrow I am taking a train, with Diana and Josh, to Beni Suef for the weekend. I am excited to see more of Egypt and to take a break from Cairo. Beni Suef is an agricultural city and according to Wikipedia, 115 km south of Cairo. It should be a fun and new adventure. Hopefully I have some good stories to tell when I return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read that Beni Suef is a center for alabaster. Maybe you will see that. Also carpet making. Have a great time and looking forward to hearing your stories.
ReplyDelete