I missed my first day of blogging yesterday :( I guess having fun trumped the importance of my blog last night.
Thursday was the last hurra at St. Andrew's. There was a prom held for the older students in the evening. It turned out to be an awesome time, with lots of fun and dancing. The students had a great time. This was the first time anything like this had ever been held at StARS and it was a major success. The girls were all dressed up and looking beautiful and the guys suits on and looked so sharp. It was a good way to end the term.
Today I went to Coptic Cairo with Diana and some of her students. It was interesting. Coptic Cairo is where there are like 5 churches all in the same area. It was interesting. I saw the Hanging Church which is quite famous. It was a hot but good morning. Afterwards we went for some lunch. We had Egyptian food, which was good. This evening I went on a fellucca ride with teachers and volunteers at St. Andrew's. It was a lot of fun. I love being out on the water. One of the teachers brought his family and oh my goodness his kids were absolutely adorable. There was food, song, dance and good conversation. It was also a great way to spend one last day with the teachers.
It is so strange to think that I am finished at St. Andrew's....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment