Due to the absence of posts I am sure you know that I made it to Alexandria...
We couldn't get a seat on the train so we had to settle for a micro-bus which was just fine. The trip was around 2 1/2 hours. I slept basically the whole way there so it went by pretty fast.
There was a family across from us so I had some fun attempts at trying to communicate with the little girls. The one girl Hagar was a little sweetheart. So cute. Sunday consisted of catching up on sleep and walking around the area.
Monday was the big day for sightseeing. We started out with the Stanley Bridge, then to the Library of Alexandria, then the Citadel (not as exciting as the Citadel here in Cairo but it was still cool). Then we wandered around the fish market. Fish as so gross...then to this women's market called Zenna market. There were paths like maybe 3 feet wide with stores on either side selling women's merchandise, like hair stuff, clothes etc. Then we went to the Moursi Abou Abess Mosque. There were separate male and female entrances. The women's side was quite a bit smaller than the men's so there was not much to see or take pictures of. We had some good fish for supper that I think may or may not have given me a rash, I don't know. It is gone now so I am not too worried about it. Later on we went swimming in the mediterranean. It wasn't too bad. The tide was coming in so the water was kind of dirty but I got my swim in the sea and some sand so I was happy except I forgot my Burt's Bee's lip stuff was in my pocket and I lost it to the sea...sadness. It was a long, full day.
Tuesday we got some breakfast and had coffee then found a micro-bus to Cairo. I slept half of the way back.
It was a good trip, not my favorite out of all the places I have seen but I am definitely happy I got to see Alexandria. It is a nice clean place compared to Cairo....much like everywhere else :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment