Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 60 - Happy Canada Day!

I met my first neighbor. She just happens to be volunteering at St. Andrew's. She is very nice, very easy to talk with and I like hearing her perspective on the kids at St. Andrew's. She had never walked home from the center so we got some fresh mango juice to go and walked home. It was nice. The mango juice was delicious. They have shops here, that only sell fresh juice. They have quite a few choices. Sugar cane juice is so good. So sweet but tasty. I wish they had places like this back home...

My butt got grabbed for the first time on my way home today. I was kinda delayed in my reaction because it was so smooth. He walked past and gave my right butt cheek a quick squeeze. Once I realized what happened I turned around and yelled "Eh da" meaning "What is this?" and shook my fist at him. Of course he was like sorry sorry. Ya right you are sorry you disrespectful person....so yes 2 months in Egypt and only once have I had my butt grabbed. Thank goodness.

Canada Day in Cairo has been just a normal day. I went to the center, came home and napped. And I am going for supper at the best place in Cairo to get Egyptian food according to my roommate. So really I am doing nothing Canadian like, but Diana and I are going to get together and 'celebrate' on Friday. It should be a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day Caryn. I am glad you met your neighbor. Hope you enjoyed your Egyptian meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time!

    I must say, if that guy had grabbed MY butt, he probably would have been swallowing some teeth. I'm amazed you showed such restraint.

    ReplyDelete