Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 60 - Don't Close The Bathroom Door...

So about a month ago I came home to find that the glass had been broken out of the bathroom door. Natalie got locked out so she had to break the glass in order to get in. Since that time the door handle was a bit messed up but it still did its job. About a week and a half ago people started getting locked in. It was actually quite funny. We always got them out but still....I never close the door anymore especially when I am alone. I don't want to be stuck in the bathroom for who knows how long.

Today was hot. I left at 8:20 to go to work and the moment I stepped outside the heat hit me. I knew it was going to be a scorcher.

I had class with my grade 1's all morning. It was nice to be back with them for all 3 classes. The kids are so cute and they love playing at break, sometimes the girls fight over me which is bad but oh well. Some of the students are just not learning very well and are usually in trouble. It makes me think about how much their situation has really negatively affected them and who knows what will happen after they leave St. Andrew's. Some of the kids have been in the Flower Class (Gr.1) for 2 years and this is their last chance to pass. If they don't they will have to find another school to go to, which is unfortunate because St. Andrew's is such a great place with great programs for the students. This is life though....

No comments:

Post a Comment