Saturday, June 27, 2009
Day 57 - Fair and Bazaar
Today I was at the center from 2-9:30. It was a long day but really good. The center had a World Refugee Day Fair and Bazaar. There was music, dance, arts and crafts as well as foods from different countries. I am pretty sure all of the proceeds go to St. Andrew's or the individual people selling things. It is a good fundraiser for the center and an enjoyable time for everyone else. I had Eritrean for supper it was really good. I sat at a table and sold t-shirts all day. There were also 2 other volunteers helping me. It was pretty slow. I bought some nice things from the people selling jewelry and such. I got to see some of the students and other refugee's do traditional dance. It was very entertaining. At the end of the night I got henna done. Pretty sweet. The woman doing it are very talented and make beautiful designs.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That henna design is gorgeous!! I love fairs like that...wish I could have been there!
ReplyDeleteI love the henna. You should learn how to do it because I've always wanted it done. You could be my own personal henna-er.
ReplyDelete