Diana, 3 other MCCers and I went to go to a souvenier shop which was downtown. We drove there, definitely got lost, but not so lost we couldn't find our way, it just took longer :) There were some really nice things there. I might just have to go back for another gander and maybe make some purchases...We got a bit lost on the way back as well. Lost meaning Cairo has terrible signs and one way streets everywhere, making it hard to get places. Diana has a dog, which she locks in the kitchen when she leaves the house. When we got back to her place we found that the dog, Moose, had found the brand new bottle of oil and chewed the cap off. Cooking oil all over the kitchen floor! Oh my goodness. Once that was as cleaned up as it could be for the time being, we headed downstairs to James and Linda's apartment for a movie.
James and Linda are MCCs country reps here in Egypt. It was nice to finally meet them. Just a random thing, James last name is Wheeler. I don't think I have ever met another Wheeler who is not related to me...Diana was on popcorn duty so I helped her out with that. Stove popped popcorn is so good! We made so much, haha. We watched The Night at the Museum. It was better than I had expected.
I went with Josh, Micah and Phil on the metro. It was nice not to have to go by myself. While we were on the tram there were these two young girls and they were just a starin' at me. So cute. Tonight was the first time that I did not get in one of the women only cars. It wasn't bad because it was not too packed. There were other women there as well and really, it was not anymore staring than I would have got on the street.
It was a good day. It was really nice to hang out with friends (as well as meet new people) and get out and do something.
*The metro is usually jam packed with people. It is a luxury when it is this empty. Fridays are the greatest days to be out because there are not so many people out.

Sounds like a good day, except for the cooking oil fiasco. That could NOT have been fun to clean up!
ReplyDelete