Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 38 - I don't have the swine flu....

But 2 US students at the American University in Cairo have it and have now put the their entire dorm under quarantine...good times. I am glad I am not there. Swine flu in Cairo. I can't believe them killing all those pigs didn't prevent this from happening...oh the things that are done in this world...

I was feeling quite ill this morning I had to leave work early. I came home and slept for 4 hours. It was nice. I still feel a little yucky but hopefully a good nights rest will fix that.

I talked with the child education director today about teaching. I will be teaching Science and Sudanese History to the grade 7's, Monday-Thursday in the mornings. It should be a very interesting challenge for me. I am already slightly frustrated because I have to teach Science tomorrow and the material I have is quite useless and is not good for making a lesson as it does not have all of the correct information and answers I need. Not fun. We will see how class goes. I hope I am up to the task of teaching for the rest of the term. I know me doing this is a great help to St. Andrew's. They have had quite a dilemma trying to figure out who could teach the class while they found a new teacher. I am still able to help in my class as well so I am happy about that. I would miss my little students.

3 comments:

  1. You will do a great job! These kids are so lucky to have you Caryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will totally rock that material and make it fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need material Caryn? Perhaps I could talk to our science teachers if there is something specific- Bob has abour 1 million old video tapes we could mail you!

    ReplyDelete