Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 54 - The Khan

The center was good as always this morning. I talked with another one of the teachers, very interesting. He is from Darfur area.

I decided to go to Khan el Khalili today. A huge market, a lot of which is for tourists. I wandered around a bit. I went in to a mosque, don't know the name, I will have to look it up. It was very interesting. I got to go on the roof and had a beautiful view of the whole city.
I shopped, many of the shop keepers would call after me because I probably walked by their place a million times. It is very easy to lose your directions here. Everything looks the same so you really have to pay attention if you want to get back to a certain place. Even though it was hot, it was a good time. It got too busy once the sun went down.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caryn,

    I look forward to your blog every day. I love hearing what you did.

    Have a good day (night).

    ReplyDelete