Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 41 - A Day of Purchases

Today has a been a good day besides the fact that I am tired. I had a terrible sleep, so I was very tired.

I talked to Fiona, the children's education program director, about my class. She said I looked like I was having a better day and that I did not have to teach Science as of next week. It was a great relief to hear this actually. So now I will only have to teach history which I think I will be able to handle better. This means I will have two mornings with my Grade 1 class which makes me happy and I am sure will make Faten happy. They are a handful to control.

I went to the market today to get fresh fruits and vegetables. I am excited. I got grapes, they are delicious. I absolutely love how cheap produce is here. So wonderful. I also found 2 tank tops for $2, they are apparently GAP, so that is interesting. I have long sleeve shirts to wear under them so now I have more clothes in my waredrobe. Yay! I bought peanuts today. Not even a dollar for a decent sized bag of them. So awesome and so tasty.
This is what the fish looks like as leftovers. You see its little head? It looked much better fresh but I didn't bring my camera.





And this is one of my new tank tops :)

6 comments:

  1. Awe you're cute!!
    But your fish makes me want to gag!
    Score on the dollar tank tops!! I love anything from the GAP, even really slutty things like that tank top!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you ate that fish. Cute tank though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fish looks delicious! Good for you! Let me know if you need anything for the teaching stuff- we could dig around and FedEx to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I know the fish looks pretty nasty as left overs. It didnt look like that when i first got it. I am not teaching Science anymore so I will not need any material but thanx for the offer Mrs.R :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. caryn, I wanna see you wearing that tank!!! lol
    I miss you lots girl, but reading your blog is soo cool, I just want you to stay there so you can write a lot and I can read what you write... welll, I rather you came back!! miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tank top is beautiful as are you, the fish, not so much. I can't eat it with the head. Once in Honduras I was by myself trying to order fish in Spanish without the head. Instead of pero (but) I said peros (dog). The poor lady was totally discombobulated (my new word of the week. Yay, I used it today!!) and couldn't understand why I was talking about fish and dog.
    Maybe I should be brave like you...

    ReplyDelete