Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 52 - Hot Day

It was really hot today. Normal temperature is between 38 and 42 degrees. I can't imagine July and August being hotter than this. I am happy I leave when the intense heat comes in August.

It ended up that I still have to teach Science, so I had two classes today that I had to just wing because I was not prepared to teach them. It went fine, I just feel bad that the students aren't exactly learning their Science at the moment. Hopefully next week there will be a teacher for them.
Clowns, which were people just dressed up silly with a red nose so they weren't creepy, came and did a show for the younger classes. It was cute and I think the kids really enjoyed it.

I found out today that the teacher I help in the grade 1 class is from West Sudan. She has been in Cairo since the 90's so was not there for any of the recent Darfur conflicts but her family is. It is so interesting/sad to hear real stories about that conflict because I have learned quite about of it from news and talking about it in my classes at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment