As of today I no longer have to attempt to teach Science. Fiona found a teacher for them which is great. He will do a much better job than I would. I am still teaching the students history though. I am enjoying teaching them and it is cool to get to know the older students seeing as I can actually have a conversation with them.
I bought a kilo of grapes today at the market and they were only a $1. I love it.
So I live on the 3rd floor of my building and my room has a balcony off of it. I quite enjoy going out there to people watch. Most of the time I will look over and the creepy man from the building across the street is standing at his window staring directly at me...happens quite often.
I walked to the Wekalat al Balah fabric market again today. When I got to Tahrir Square it was surrounded with security guards/police. There was one standing on the street like every 3 meters. It was so weird. I found the market no problem. For being a fabric market there is not the greatest selection of cotton fabric unfortunately. I did find a few other fabrics that were nice. I wandered around the place for probably an hour. The shop owners probably thought I was lost because I walked past them so many times. Basically all of the places are run by men, which should not be surprising and there is nothing wrong with it. I just find it slightly amusing that all these men are selling fabrics. It was nice walking home in the cooler evening weather. When I was at Tahrir they were not letting people down the street I wanted to walk down so I had to walk over another street. I found out when I got home that Mubarak was in the area, therefore security was intense.
My roommate left for America today. She will be gone for 3 weeks. I shall miss her.
I went to a concert to night with some friends, Ammanuel and Akil. It was totally at the Citadel. It was so beautiful, the mosques all lite up and the view of the city. I definitely was kicking myself hard for not bringing my camera, malesh. The band was different but good. Very fitting for the atmosphere of the evening. I can't for the life of me remember the bands name right now. It was pretty cool and so awesome that it was at the Citadel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Creeper!!
ReplyDeleteWe sure could have used a balcony this past year. It would have saved that couch a lot of unnecessary stress!!
The creepy man is watching you watch the people...I wonder who is watching him watch you watch the people.
ReplyDelete