Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 80 - Celebrations

Today was the closing ceremonies at St. Andrew's. It was a fun, long day. We painted all the grade one's faces for their performances. It was so cute. The girls danced to Doctor Jones by Aqua and the whole class danced to a Sudanese song. It was awesome. All of the classes did something, mostly dances and the older kids rapped. They were good. Every student got a certificate. There was lots of people, and families there. It was great to meet some of the parents of my students. It was a day full of running after kids, talking with students, parents, teachers, song and dance. It was a great day to end the school year.

I am sad that I will most likely not see any of my students again. I do have my older students emails so I can still have contact with them which is nice. It is going to be so strange not to go to the center everyday now. I can hardly believe that it have almost been 3 months already. Time goes by so fast, especially when you are having a good time. For figuring out my practicum 2 months before I had to leave it worked out perfectly. Cairo was where I was meant to be...

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the practicum went so well. What will you do at the center now until you come home?

    ReplyDelete