I had a terrible night. I was absolutely sure I had the swine flu. I felt so nauseous and I was so hot. After an hour of that I took gravol, woke up in the morning and felt fine. So strange, but great that I was feeling better.
Apparently my test results are negative because the doctor did not seem too concerned when my roommate called her asking for our results and she said, oh I will check on those...no swine flu here :)
I taught history today, totally wrong but I did teach them. I taught them what they should learn in a few weeks all in an hour....haha. I find out I need to do research of my own to make up my lesson plans, so now I have to figure out the correct information on Sudanese history and the Islamic World. It is interesting, but a challenge to find all the correct information I need. A learning experience that is for sure.
I went to the Nile Fish restaurant this evening with my roommates friend Amanuel. I met two of his friends and the one guy was crazy (not actually) just very quirky and unique...in a good way. I am sure there is never a dull moment in his presence. He is also Palestinian but looks Italian. I think what I had was mullet. It came as the whole fish, cut in half and cooked right up. I ate right out of a fish, with the head and whole body just a laying on my plate, bones bones and all. For the picky eater I am I was pretty impressed with myself. It was really good and only 36LE ($7).
I finally chatted with the fam tonight. I only got Mom and Dad for maybe 15 minutes because my computer is a piece but Cherilyn and I discoverd that not using video and just voice works. Yay. We talked for over an hour. Definitely the best part of my day! I love you my dear family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We love you too Caryn. I can't believe you ate a fish when it had the bones and head on it. You won't even touch meatloaf! Onions and peppers here you come!
ReplyDeleteLove love love :) Haha. Well meatloaf is just not enjoyable. I have been eating peppers here but I still dont like onions...
ReplyDeleteI love you too! I can't believe that you ate that fish!! I wouldn't even eat that, and I'm not as picky as you! I'm so proud of you!!! haha
ReplyDelete